Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Ashleys First Day at Rehab (RHI)




What a difference a few hours make...Ashley was transferred to RHI rehab at 1 pm today and it is a wonderful place..Nice, clean, airy and the staff are all smiling..Ashley's first request was to put on her regular street clothes, and her nikes, and get up in wheel chair and go outside..We were so surprized that they said 'of course'..So, that's what we did and to our amazement, Ashley handled sitting up in the wheelchair really well..most of the hour was spent without dizziness or nausea..the grounds are beautiful and we spent the time under a huge gazebo surrounded by roses and flowers..She couldn't believe how wonderful the air and flowers smelt after being in a hospital bed for 12 days..


The hard work starts tomorrow as her therapy begins and she is looking forward to the challenge and getting better and learning the skills she needs to live her life..Today is a great day!!

2 comments:

BrushedByAnAngel said...

Just wondering how your daughter is doing. Would love to have an update. And I pray it is good news.

Northwest Pretties said...

May it comfort you to know that the thoughts and prayers of others are with you. - I hope everything gets better day by day. Write Soon, Hugs Susan xoxoxox

handpainted items

About Me

My photo
I am a self taught artists and love to paint on anything..mostly found items, vintage,...I have done clients homes in murals, faux finishes..ect..Painting is such a passion and I am not afraid to paint on anything..floors, ceilings, countertops..I have painted my countertops to look like slate, or stone..my floors to look like tiles,..I have painted my husband's Harley (tank) with 'End of the Trail' and feathers, I painted the stock of his shotgun to look like mahagany wood..and the list goes on and on..Anything, in my opinion, can be transformed or created with paint...My passion is painting roses in the shabby chic style, but I also do tole painting, Americana, Roosters and hens, teddy bears, and on and on..

Some of my handpainted pieces

Some of my handpainted pieces
These pieces are some of my favorites...

Handpainted Vintage French Phones

Handpainted Vintage French Phones
view more at http://www.picturetrail.com/teresa_h