Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Christmas is almost here.....

Wow!! Christmas is almost here...again, I say, where does the time go...Since I have been working full time again, and sometimes working double shifts, the time seems to fly by...I still LOVE my job and going to work is actually a pleasure..I still enjoy painting and creating when I can find the time...My ebay has slowed down and I have decided, with all of Ebay's new rules for buyers and sellers, that I may not list there too much...With ebay's new 'Best Match' and 'Star' system, they have made it harder on the smaller sellers...I am concentrating on 'special orders' and have opened up a new store on Etsy.. I haven't listed anything yet, but after the first of the year, I plan on doing so..I have been taking care of my chihuahuas and our dobermans...litters due in a few weeks and in January...they are so much fun..and what a pleasure they are.. Here is a picture of our female doberman, Thea...all dressed in her green Miami Hoodie..waiting for a treat..hence, her ears layed back...lol..And, NO, I am not a Miami fan....I am a COLT'S fan, all the way...It was just a sweatshirt that my youngest daughter left here after she got married...lol....My computer died a few months back and I lost all my photos of my chihuahuas, for the time being, until I get a friend of mine, to try and retrieve them..But here is a pic of my latest little fur baby....We called him Bullit, because he ran around so FAST, but his new owner had a new name for him...lol....












I have been working on a special order for a nice lady that loves my roses and had ordered from me before and wanted more...Here are some photos of the french phone I have completed for her and a vintage train case that I am working on...
I think that french phones, vintage train cases and gumball machines are my favorite item to paint....Here is my last gumball machine of the year, that was sold on ebay last week...
I have another gumball machine, 15" that is on a black metal stand, just waiting it's turn to be painted...but, it will have to wait until after the holidays...I have my Christmas shopping done, almost, and will spend an afternoon on my day off, wrapping everything...Wrapping gifts is probably one of my least favorite things to do, but maybe this year, I will enjoy the moment, take my time and drink some hot chocolate....I have learned a lot about myself this past year...I have learned about living in the moment and enjoying life and to be grateful for all that I have...My husband still has not found a job, but maybe in the coming year he will find something that 'is meant to be'...until then, I am happy to have him home with me and enjoying life...And I think that I have finally gotten him use to my 'pink fetus'....when I brought home my PINK Christmas tree...lol...He said that it was cute...Okay, that's a start...lol...Blessings to you all and I wish you and yours a very Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays.....

No comments:

handpainted items

About Me

My photo
I am a self taught artists and love to paint on anything..mostly found items, vintage,...I have done clients homes in murals, faux finishes..ect..Painting is such a passion and I am not afraid to paint on anything..floors, ceilings, countertops..I have painted my countertops to look like slate, or stone..my floors to look like tiles,..I have painted my husband's Harley (tank) with 'End of the Trail' and feathers, I painted the stock of his shotgun to look like mahagany wood..and the list goes on and on..Anything, in my opinion, can be transformed or created with paint...My passion is painting roses in the shabby chic style, but I also do tole painting, Americana, Roosters and hens, teddy bears, and on and on..

Some of my handpainted pieces

Some of my handpainted pieces
These pieces are some of my favorites...

Handpainted Vintage French Phones

Handpainted Vintage French Phones
view more at http://www.picturetrail.com/teresa_h